Sunday, September 3, 2017

Were you raised in a town/city or in a rural area? Do you live in the same type of place now?

Robbinsdale is a suburb of Minneapolis. It actually borders the great city. It is definitely city living. However, when I was growing up and to some extent even now Robbinsdale has the feel of a small town. I think probably because of the main street for businesses. With parking on the street, and sidewalks to be safe on.

It was always my dream to live in the country. Preferably on a farm. I thought I would like to be a farmer's wife. When I realized how difficult the farming  life was I changed it to living in the country.

In 1991 my dream came true. My husband, my son, and myself moved from the city to the country. We live in the woods. Right smack dab in the middle of 10 acres of woods.

 We are 22 miles from the nearest Minnesota town. We are 6 miles from the closest Wisconsin town.  We live half way between Minneapolis and Duluth. 

It might be a bit more rural than I envisioned, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Most of the time.

I am still looking for photos. I will promise to find them by the end of the month.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you live in Heaven to me! 10 acres of woods, how wonderful, and my dream, too. I enjoyed growing up in the woods.

    Does this mean the closest hospital is 6 miles away, too, or is it in the town 22 miles away? The nearest hospital of any size is 30 miles away from us. The hospital here in town went bankrupt last year and closed its doors.

    I look forward to the pictures whenever you find them, even if it is later than September. :)

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nearest hospital is 32 miles away.The sheriff's department is even further away.

    ReplyDelete