Saturday, September 2, 2017


 2. Were either of your parents raised in your hometown? If not, how did they end up there?

As I mentioned yesterday my mom grew up in the same house I did. 

This was a small house. One bedroom on the main floor, and 2 up top. One of those rooms was fairly small. Nine children finished growing up in the house. I don't know how they did it.

When the house was first put together there wasn't a basement.  The brothers had to dig the basement, and somehow got cement into it. At some point water was brought into the house also.

My mom graduated from Robbinsdale High School. Hers was the first graduating class ever. Back then it was very rare for a girl to finish high school, but my mom defied the norm. 

I looked through many boxes of photos today looking for some of the house.  I know I have some. I know for certain because I took them! I did find some, but you couldn't really see the house. I will look again tomorrow. It was a bittersweet travel back in time looking through the photos.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I bet it was! I just finished reading a book called Jaybird's Song (that I will be posting a review for soon) and she does a lot of memory traveling through pictures that her grandma had. I love to look through old family photos, and not so old ones, too. :)

    I think it is very cool that you grew up in the same house where your mama grew up, too. The memories that house must hold!

    Thank you so much for participating in the challenge. Have a blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read you review of Jaybird's Song and immediately put it on my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete