Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September Challenge September 5, 2017

 
I am still on track for this September challenge with Suzanne at P.S. Annie

  1. Where did all the kids “hang” in your hometown?

  2. Well, let's see. It all depends on the ages of the kids. I think this calls for a list. I love lists.

  3. My house for kickball. We had the largest yard on the block

  4. There was a local park only 3 blocks from my house. It had all of the regular park things. In the summer there was also a wading pool. I didn't have a fear of water back then, and spent many hours there.

  5. After a certain age the park and my yard just didn't do it for us anymore. There was a fast food place called The Red Barn where we would hang out.  I don't know why we were never kicked out of there. We could get very loud and very boisterous. Normal teenage things.

  6. In the summer we would walk to the lake. It wasn't much of a swimming lake, but us girls could work on our tans.

  7. We had a bowling alley. I almost forgot about it!  Not that any of us bowled, but we hung out there. If they made us leave the inside we hung around outside. Especially once some of us starting driving.

  8. When it was winter we would go skating. The park I mentioned above turned the ball field into an ice rink. The park building became a warming house.
  9. No comments:

    Post a Comment