CHATS ON THE PORCH
I am joining Patrice on the porch today. The weather here has been so unbelievably perfect , I mean really. Daytime highs in the low 70s nighttime lows in the 50s. Low to no humidity. What could be more perfect. Excellent porch sitting weather.
- Do you have any type of air cleaner in your home? I have a wall vent that helps to suck smells out. And windows. I think about getting an air cleaner, but it never seems to make it to the top of the priority list.
- What do you do with the spare change you accumulate in your car, purse, pockets, etc? I don't know about any accumulating change. Is this a new phenomenon? My change goes into the change compartment of my wallet, and then is used to make the odd change at a store register. How does one get in on this accumulating change? Is there a web site where I sign up? Do I need to provide my own wrappers?
- What's one chore you wish you never had to do again? Dishes! I hate doing dishes . I mean truly and fervently hat it. Even with a dishwasher I hate it. I hate all the other chores that come with dishes. Scrubbing the stove, cleaning off the counters, putting away the clean dishes. Did I mention I hate this chore? If I could I would use throw away pots and pans, and dishes, and glasses, and silverware. A girl can dream right? I mean I hate it.
- Are you outgoing, quite, shy, reserved, or life of the party? I am outgoing, but have had moments of being the life of the party. I don't sit in a corner , and wait for life to come to me, but I don't go out of my way to draw attention to myself. Usually.
- Have you understood your parents more as you've gotten older? I have actually heard my mothers voice come out of my mouth. Not just phrases she used to say, but the actual tone of her voice. And now I see her every time I look in the mirror. I do understand my mom more now. I wish I knew then what I know now and could have helped make her life happier.
I was fortunate to meet Wendall a few weeks ago. At first I was not sure if he was a person, dog, or cat. He could have been a fish, except who ever heard of a talking fish?
The garden experiment has been declared a huge success. There are 8 tomatoes, 2 squash, 1 pepper, 4 healthy cabbage plants. I don't know yet how the potatoes are doing, but the plants look healthy. I am already planning next years garden.
I was in the city last week. I was supposed to be a long weekend, but turned out to be almost a full week. Car trouble. It was a relaxing good time though. We went to a yarn store, Micheal's Jo-Ann's , out to lunch, out to dinner, spent many hours just laughing. I saw my son while I was there and had a very enjoyable evening with him and his girlfriend. It was good to get home, but I can't wait to go again.