Wednesday, April 17, 2013
1. April 15th is the deadline for Americans to file their state and federal income taxes...what's a job you do on a regular basis that could be described as 'taxing'?
I think it would have to be cleaning the kitty litter boxes. They need to be cleaned daily. We have to 2 cats who demand clean boxes. They run through the house with crazy impatient antics if they think I am going to forget their boxes. I hate to think what would happen if I did forget. Oh my!
2. I'm participating in the April A-Z blog challenge and the Hodgepodge happens to fall on letter O this week. In keeping with that theme...olives, onions, oysters, okra...of the foods mentioned, what's your favorite O food?
It has to be onions. I put onions in just about everything I make. I get picky about what kind of onion I use. White, yellow, red (purple), shallots, and green. I love the Vidalia Onions when they make their way north. Their season is much to short. I try to buy extra and then freeze them. Other than sweet things and breakfast cereal I can not think of anything that isn't better because of an onion.
3. What is something memorable you experienced as a child that your own children (or future children/nieces/nephews) will not get to experience?
I think it is experiencing something firsthand on the television. We watched John John salute at his father's funeral. I remember John Glenn walking on the moon. I remember watching the Viet Nam war unfold as told by the brave reporters. Today they can still see those things, but they watch on the computer. It is a solitary experience. We watched things as a family and had discussions about them. I think the togetherness is something they are missing out on also.
4. Term limits for our elected officials...your thoughts?
Term limits are definitely are something that needs to happen in our government. We need to have new people with hopefully new ideas. We need people who are more willing to work together. If they know their time is short they may be more apt to work together than if they know almost for sure they will be re-elected and don't really care except by the principle.
I also believe that the president should have a change in terms. I think term should be for 5 years, but only twice. I do not believe that 4 years in long enough to get much accomplished. Think about it...the first year is probably spent just getting used to the idea of being president, an awesome (I hate that word, maybe it is a future post) responsibility. The second year is probably spent learning exactly what everyone the hidden agendas of Congress and Senate. The third year is finally time to present actual ideas (good or bad). Finally, the fourth is spent pushing for results. Five years would give a President the time needed to make a real difference.
5. On April 18th 1775, Paul Revere made his famous 'midnight ride'....when did you last make a midnight ride? Perhaps the fate of a nation wasn't hanging in the balance, but tell us where you were headed anyway.
I don't go out much at night. I live 22 miles from town so driving home on a long dark road is not my idea of fun. However, about a year ago my aunt was in the hospital and my cousin and I spent our days with her there. They live 1 1/2 hours from where she was at. So after our day with her we would make the long drive home. It was always late ad always dark on our way home from the hospital. But, it was so worth it. She will 90 years perfect this week. We are having a surprise party for her next week (another post).
6. What would freak you out more...a mouse running across your floor or a big fat hairy spider?
I hate them both. In a perfect world the mouse would be eating the spider. It has to be a mouse though, because of the chance of a mouse house filled with babies. EEK!
I keep cans of anything in a spray bottle in every room of the house just in case I see a spider. Anything from a spray bottle is sticky enough to cause the spider to curl up and never move again. I use hair spray in the bathroom, counter cleaner in the kitchen, furniture polish in the living room, and air freshener anywhere in between
7. I love it when people ask me____________________________.
About my son. He is a wonderful young man and I love talking about him.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am getting back into blogging slowly. I think the best way to re-introduce myself is to do a few of these intro participation posts. I will continue with them even after I start doing posts of my own. They are quite fun and thought provoking. I have a thousand ideas floating in my head for posts. I can't wait to get started.
Monday, April 15, 2013
I have blogged in the past, but not for a few years. I have been trying to get back into it, but in the process I broke my blog. I can't even show it to you, because I have now lost it. I hope to start slowly, and gain momentum with a daily slice of my life on Rosebud Lane.