Tuesday, August 13, 2013


CHATS ON THE PORCH


I am joining Patrice on the porch today. The weather here has been so unbelievably perfect , I mean really. Daytime highs in the low 70s nighttime lows in the 50s. Low to no humidity. What could be more perfect. Excellent porch sitting weather.

Everyday Ruralty

Questions
  1. Do you have any type of air cleaner in your home? I have a wall vent that helps to suck smells out. And windows. I think about getting an air cleaner, but it never seems to make it to the top of the priority list. 
  2. What do you do with the spare change you accumulate in your car, purse, pockets, etc? I don't know about any accumulating change. Is this a new phenomenon? My change goes into the change compartment of my wallet, and then is used to make the odd change at a store register. How does one get in on this accumulating change? Is  there a web site where I sign up? Do I need to provide my own wrappers?
  3. What's one chore you wish you never had to do again? Dishes! I hate doing dishes . I mean truly and fervently hat it. Even with a dishwasher I hate it. I hate all the other chores that come with dishes. Scrubbing the stove, cleaning off the counters, putting away the clean dishes.  Did I mention I hate this chore? If I could I would use throw away pots and pans, and dishes, and glasses, and silverware.  A girl can dream right? I mean I hate it.
  4. Are you outgoing, quite, shy, reserved, or life of the party?  I am outgoing, but have had moments of being the life of the party.  I don't sit in a corner , and wait for life to come to me, but I don't go out of my way to draw attention to myself. Usually.
  5. Have you understood your parents more as you've gotten older?  I have actually heard my mothers voice come out of my mouth.  Not just phrases she used to say, but the actual tone of her voice. And now I see her every time I look in the mirror.  I do understand my mom more now. I wish I knew then what I know now and could have helped make her life happier. 
I was fortunate to meet Wendall a few weeks ago. At first I was not sure if he was a person, dog, or cat. He could have been a fish, except who ever heard of a talking fish?
The garden experiment has been declared a huge success. There are 8 tomatoes, 2 squash, 1 pepper, 4 healthy cabbage plants. I don't know yet how the potatoes are doing, but the plants look healthy.  I am already planning next years garden.
I was in the city last week. I was supposed to be a long weekend, but turned out to be almost a full week. Car trouble. It was a relaxing good time though. We went to a yarn store, Micheal's  Jo-Ann's , out to lunch, out to dinner, spent many hours just laughing. I saw my son while I was there and had a very enjoyable evening with him and his girlfriend. It was good to get home, but I can't wait to go again. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of dishes either, but I've trained hubby to clean up. I cook, he cleans up... works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dishes never seem to end around here. It sounds like your garden is doing well. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete