Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere?  Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
I am not sure I even know what a "selfie" is. Although it seems to be a self pprtrait. No I don't take photos of myself. There are very few photos of me. I don't think I take good pictures. They scare old women and babies. I love being behind the camera.

2. Will you send out Christmas cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
I still send out a few to people that I won't be spending time with at Christmas. I send a few to friends I have made online. About 8 cards in all. I have not even purchased them yet. I am sad to not get cards in the mail. They always were a fun part of the decorations. I detest the form letters that so many people write now. I never know who is doing the writing, and they are so very impersonal.

3. Do you trust easily?
I trust until I am given a reason not to trust. At that point any kind of relationship ends.

4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
That's a tough one. I like them all. I would have to chose cinnamon though. It works in any part of the house. 
I have a set of tree ornaments that we used when I was a child. They came scented. Imagine how strong the scent was 40 years ago that I can still smell them now. And the level of scent is perfect.

5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or necessity?
I did more listening. A friend called in the morning in distress because one of her kids is acting inappropriately. I listened and commiserated, and prayed with her. In the afternoon my husband was all fired up about a Christmas gift he has already received...2 way radios.  So I listened and enjoyed his excitement.

6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now :  )
That would be the Thanksgiving song..."Over the River." I don't know if that is the title. The first line is "Over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house we go."  It was a family favorite when I was growing up. My mom would play it on the piano. We would laugh because my grandmother lived with us.

7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why? 
If you think of Christ as an explorer, and he was of sorts then I would go with him. Because how wonderful it would be to learn at the feet of the great Teacher himself. If you don't consider him an explorer then it would be Lewis and Clark. Because I would have liked to discovered those parts of out country.
8.  Insert your own random thought here.
On Thanksgiving day my son and his girlfriend fixed the appearance of my blog. It had been broken by yours truly. I will start to post more often.Especially after the first of the year. I have many post ideas moving about in my head. I am excited to start a new journey. Again.
We are smack dab in the middle of our first Minnesota snow storm. So far we have about 12 inches and they say we could get 10-12 more today. Then it turns cold. Minus degrees cold. That's winter in Minnesota.

NO COMMENTS:

6 comments:

  1. That's a lot of snow for this early in December, but I suppose you're used to it. We get loads here too, but so far have only had a couple of dustings. I like the snow to wait until January : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lived here all of my life. I know it is coming, but I am never ready for it. January snow is OK, I prefer it to wait til March.

      Delete
  2. Trudy,
    It's so good to see you blogging again :)
    I think I can safely say that you and I feel the same way about having our pictures taken! No selfies for me either.
    Stay warm, my friend. I'd never make it in Minnesota! It was 81 degrees here today... Of course, it sure doesn't 'feel' like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is good to be back. That 81 sounds pretty darn good right now. I am not a fan of the white Christmas. I'll take a brown any day.

      Delete
  3. Son and girlfriend did a fabulous job on the blog look. I love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will let them know. I like the bright and cheerfulness of it.

      Delete