Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Back Where I come From September 7, 2917

I have been in the city for the last few days. I am going to get all caught  up today. This may be a long post. I can be wordy.

Did you ever participate in creating graffiti or any type of artwork that would have been confrontational?
When I was in high school we were still in Viet Nam. STILL. I participated in several anti-war demonstrations. I don't think our picket signs were graffiti but they were controversial and very confrontational.

How old were you when you took your first drink of alcohol, if you ever have? What were the circumstances surrounding that moment?
In my family at Christmas celebrations the adults would have a glass of sweet Mogan David Concord grape wine. Us kids had the same only ours was maybe 90% lemon lime soda and just enough wine to give it color. But we felt oh so grown up. My uncle and grandmother used to "share" their beer with me. I got about an 1/8  of an inch in my glass and I remember I felt so special.

Do you plan to move back to your hometown area in your older years? Why or why not?
How do you feel about the place that you came from?
I just drove through my hometown the other day. I felt nostalgic. That day it was mid-afternoon. The town was bustling. People driving, people walking, people stopping to talk to neighbors. I wanted to be part of it. I don't know if I will ever actually live in Robbinsdale again, but I will eventually move back into the city. Robbinsdale does have everything within walking distance for shopping and it does have several 55 and older apartment complexes so maybe Robbinsdsale will be my choice. 

Were there a lot of churches in your hometown? What about where you live now?
I know we had at least one church for each recognized denomination.  Where I live now there are many, many churches. A surprisingly large number. Even almost as far out from town as I am there are a couple of churches.  Nice.

On the opposite side of the fence, did you know of anyone engaged in an illegal activity? (In the song, they mention moonshine.)
Illegal activity? As in against the law? Remember in high school going into a rest room that had a funny smell? I was the cause of the funny happy smell. And in other places also. In cars  I don't know how we managed to see out of because of the smoke. I remember doing the  Chinese fire drill while at a stop light. I remember streaking. I remember shop.lifting. Once. I got caught and was so scared I never tried it again. I never did anything really bad at least by today's standards. My mother was eternally grateful.


What color were the eyes of your first date?
I believe they were blue. You know tall, blonde, blue eyed and dreamy?

That's it. I am caught up. This is great fun. A good trip down memory lane.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Trudy,

    I enjoyed your "catch up" post. I think that Robbinsdale sounds like a nice place.

    I've heard of the Chinese fire drill, but never did it. It would be my luck that someone would lock me out of the car and not get out themselves. :)
    Thanks for participating in our challenge. Have a blessed night.

    ReplyDelete