Wednesday, September 20, 2017



Did you have a neighborhood park/playground?  Did you play there?


There were parks close to my home. Several in fact. I did go to them. As a group we would decide what we wanted to do, and this would determine which park we went to. 

If it were summer we would go to the park with the wading pool. Winter found us by the grade school with it's big hills for sledding. Two of the parks had warming house and skating rinks in the winter.

I remember that all the parks had merry-go-rounds, monkey bars, jungle gyms, and tall tall slides.  I think I liked the merry-go-rounds the best, because I liked the feeling of being dizzy. 

If we were going to go to the park that was 6 blocks away instead of 3 we would pack a lunch. LOL. Peanut butter sandwiches and Kool Aid and potato chips.

The parks were a place for great fun.

2 comments:

  1. The merry-go-rounds were one of my favorite things, too, after the slide. I loved the slide very much. I loved to lay down on the merry-go-round with my eyes closed while someone else spun it. I loved the dizzy feeling, too.
    Packing a lunch sounds reasonable. 6 blocks is like a world away. :)

    Thanks for playing along. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet! Laying down on the merry-go-round was the only way to ride. Great fun !

      Delete