Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Time for another hodgepodge. I don't know how Joyce comes up with new and interesting questions each week. But, I am very glad she does. Thanks Joyce!

From this Side of the Pond
1. What's something you'd rate a 10/10? Tell us why.
10/10 is perfection. I can only think of 1 thing that means perfection. God. His love is never ending. His forgiveness is a given. The beauty he makes is awe inspiring. The patience he shows us is a wonderment. Without him I would be nothing.

2. What job would you be terrible at? What makes you think so?
Wow there are so many jobs I would not be good at.
A private in the Army, because I'm not so good at taking orders.
A nurse or PCA. I don't have the patience.
A math teacher, because I just don't get it.
A lifeguard, because I don't know how to swim.
3. When did you last take a fall? What's something you're falling for (in a good way) these days?
I am the only person I know who can fall down while standing still. I fell out of bed last week does that count? I do fall down a lot, but right now I can't think of the last time I actually fell.
Falling for something in a good way....hmmm.
The beautiful new yarn I have discovered?
 Learning how to do a C2C crochet stitch? 
The anticipation of a trip to AZ?
 Knowing what I am getting everyone for Christmas?
Spotify Prime?



4. According to the Travel Channel here are some of America's best fall festivals-

National Apple Harvest Festival (near Arendtsville PA, close to Gettysburg), Harvest on the Harbor (Portland Maine), German Village Festival (Columbus Ohio), Wellfleet Oyster Fest (Cape Cod), and Wine and Chile Fiesta (Santa Fe NM)
I have never been to any of these festivals. I would want to go to the Harvest on the Harbor in Portland Maine. Maine is on my list of places to go and things to do.

Have you ever been to any of the festivals listed? Which one appeals to you most? Does your hometown have any sort of fall celebration, and if so will you make it a point to attend?
Most towns here have summer celebrations. There is a town just north of me that has a fall celebration. They call it Rutabaga Days. Yes, rutabagas are the theme of the celebration. There is a contest for the largest grown. I have never been to it, but I do know it is very popular. 
In the city there is the Renaissance Festival. This is great fun! The people dress up in period costumes. There are jousting matches that are exciting to watch. One weekend is called "The Highland Fling" with matches to show off these skills. King Henry and his court stroll the grounds, as do Puke and Snot. King Henry will maybe involve someone in conversation, but Puke and Snot will get you involved in a hilarious skit. There are several different events that involve the commoners. Fortune tellers for the fun of it (nothing real). There are vendors selling hand made goods. Oh!, and food and drink. The best is the turkey legs. You get one of these, walk a few steps over to the salt bag, bang it on the bag and the entire leg is covered in salt. Be prepared to walk. There are places to sit and people watch, but it is much more fun to keep on the move. I haven't been in years, but now after writing about it I am feeling a need to attend. Maybe next year.

5. What is your goodbye message to summer?
So long, farewell! You were not too bad this year. I will miss your longer days filled with sunlight. I will miss the colors you bring with the wild flowers you make possible. I will not miss your heat and humidity.  Good-bye until next year.
P.S.  Could you maybe come earlier next year to make winter just a bit shorter?

6. Insert your own random thought here.
A few photos from my friends garden.








10 comments:

  1. I can't swim either so I would be a horrible Life Guard! lol

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh that you can fall down from standing still! A good sense of humor serves us all very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara! With the way things are today without a sense of humor we would all be crying.

      Delete
  3. This was such a fun read, I think I have tripped while standing still a few times myself! I also would not make a good lifeguard, simply because I cannot swim either.~smile~
    have a blessed evening.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, tripping while standing still is easy. I am forget what I am doing and move in the wrong way. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a cool festival. Our youngest daughter, who is an actor/director herself, must have named those characters. It sounds like something she would do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pair of them are a great comedy team. Their creator has a great sense of humor.

      Delete
  5. I wouldn't be any good at the things you listed in #2 either.

    I've never been to a Ren fest, but I know it would be an exciting thing to go to. Our oldest daughter went with her guy and they had a blast. I would love to be able to make the costumes for such an event. What fun!

    Those purple flowers are really pretty. And the yarn you chose for your project...just beautiful. :)

    Have a blessed week, Trudy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suz! I bet you would be good at making those costumes. Me? I can't even sew a button on.

      Delete