Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Hodgepodge Fun 9/13/2017

From this Side of the Pond


1. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
I think that sometimes the picture is a thousand words. For example  - Home Alone - Machaulay Culkin - Hands to face , open mouth, a scream trying to come out.  A baby's first anything. Sunset/rise. Sometimes words just can't do the job to describe something God has created.

2. Have you ever driven any part of the Pacific Coast Highway? If so, what was your favorite stop? If not is this sort of trip on your bucket list?
I have not driven anywhere in California. I don't think the PCH was the highway we were on going North from San Francisco airport. I think I would love to take that drive someday. 

3. How do the changing seasons affect you? As the seasons change do you find yourself looking more forward or backward? Which season-season transition bothers you most? Why do you suppose that is? 
I really and truly like the change from winter into spring. Ppring is when everything is brand new. Spring has warmer temperatures, but not hot like our summers. I like the change from summer into fall, because of the cooler temps and beautiful colors. I DO NOT like the change from fall to winter. I don't like to be hot, but I really don't like the weather dictating to me if I can go somewhere. Living 22 miles from town  weather is always a consideration in the winter. I have to make sure I can get where I am going but also make sure any weather coming holds off until I get home. I don't like winter. It stays dark too long. Feels like it is dark until after 8 AM and dark again by 4 PM. I keep the vitamin D3 people happy.

4. It's your birthday and you get to pick the dinner menu. What are we having? Do you ever lie about your age?
Hmmm. I would have: deep fried green beans served with a mayo/sriracha sauce for dipping, a smooth  chicken consumme', a crisp salad made with bid lettuce, thinly sliced cucumber, finely chopped egg,  strawberry quarters, crumbled feta cheese and Balsamic dressing. Lobster with drawn butter for the main course. With seconds and thirds available of the lobster.  Dessert hands down would be Chocolate Cheesecake. Or lemon. I only lied about my age when I was younger than 18 or younger than 21. I am proud to have reached my age.
5. What's a life lesson you've learned recently?
I think I probably knew this, but it kind of snuck up and hit me upside the head the other day. Children are the most precious gift. I am "Grandma Trudy" to my BF grandchildren. Sometimes I even am called "Great Grandma Trudy".  The 2 children are ages 5 and 7 are a joy to be around. Everything to them is a delight, fun, wonderful, magical, beautiful. They run out to greet me when they see my car pull up. They give the BEST hugs ever.  They are having a difficult time right now, but it has not dampened their love for everyone and everything. And it is a love we must never ever take for granted.


6.  Insert your own random thought here.
I was in Minneapolis the last 7 days and came home yesterday. I am very thankful for the time away. My BF allowed me to just rest and shop, and eat, and enjoy. She calls it my respite time. Her dad was visiting from Arizona. We had a party on Saturday for all of the summer birthdays of which there were 8. Her dad is a special person in my life. He was there through my most difficult time. I am thankful for all of them being in my life. Even though they sent me home with a cold.

And because this wouldn't be a post from me if it didn't include a photo:
My favorite spot in California.

You are subscribed to email updates from From This Side of the Pond.
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google
Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States

8 comments:

  1. Living in the North East, I end up having to take Vitamin D every winter! I do love a good snuggly winter day though :)

    here's my hodgepodge:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2017/09/hodgepodge-91317.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like a small winter storm. As long as I don't have to go anywhere. Snuggly day with hot chocolate. Sounds good right about now.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your hodgepodge. #1 was a great answer. Glad you had a nice time away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I did have a wonderful time away.

      Delete
  3. Great answers! You mentioned the Chinese food left in your car in your comment to me...OH MY! I can only imagine! Enjoy your weekend, Trudy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie for stopping by. Just getting in the car for a few days made me hungry.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed your answers and I loved your birthday dinner... yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can never go wrong with a dinner of lobster followed my cheesecake.

      Delete