Wednesday, August 23, 2017

A Mooning Hodgepodge

How is it possible that it is Wednesday already? I am sure it must be, because the Hodgepodge questions are here.

From this Side of the Pond

1. Did you watch the solar eclipse? Your thoughts? Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar...what's your favorite eclipse related snack on this list?
It was cloudy here in Minnesota. Even with clouds, and not total coverage I could look outside and tell  the sun was being covered. It did get darker. It was eery.  The wind stopped blowing, the birds quit singing. I did watch the live feed from the NASA web site. I loved every minute of it. I was excited to see what God was bringing to us.
I guess a Milky Way bar is my favorite. I don't think I have ever had a Moon Pie.
2. What are you 'over the moon' about these days? What's something you enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'?
Over the moon? As in excited, loving it? Hmmm. I guess it would be the blanket that I finished crocheting a couple of weeks ago. It has inspired me to try more difficult patterns. And I am having great fun.
Once in a blue moon? Every now and then I go to the city for a few days. I am going there in 2 weeks! Yea! When in the city I do a lot of shopping, because of I limited stores here (just Wal-Mart), I stock up on lots of groceries and make a trip to Aldi's. Have lunch and dinner out maybe. I get to spend some time with my son which I always love to do.
3. Tell us about something in the realm of science that interests you. How do you feed that interest?
Well. I do enjoy all things skyward. I enjoy the stars at night. The wonder and awe has never left me. When my son was young we would spend time each night looking at the stars trying to identify them. We watched the Hal-Bop comet in the early 90s. Oh, and I can't forget the Northern Lights! Amazingly beautiful. I don't have a telescope, however, there aren't any lights to block the night sky.
I also think I would have made a pretty decent medical examiner.4. What are a few things you remember about going back to school as a child?
I remember getting new shoes, a new box of crayons, and a new uniform. This is a grade school memory. High school memories, eh, not so great. I was a rebel. I was one of the kids that stood across the street smoking until the last moment.

5. I've seen several versions of this around the net so let's make one of our own...share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why.
My words start and end the same except it might be two words. God's love, God's faithfulness, God's promises, God's peace he gives to me,  God's forgiveness.  These are the things that make my life worth living.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
Harry's daughter arrived yesterday. I don't have any randomness right now. I will share a photo though.


The night of the Neal Diamond concert. My son took this photo of us. I hate the way I look in a photo, but my son is a handsome guy. Don' cha think?


No comments:

Post a Comment