Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge November 30, 2016


 
1. Give us three rhyming words that say something about your Thanksgiving holiday. 

Love, because of course there was.
Glove, I found a pair of William's gloves he left here last winter and returned them to him.
Shove, because I hip checked him to get him out of my way when I finishing up prep for dinner.
2. When did you last say, 'the more the merrier'? Did you mean it?

I don't know if I have ever said that. I know I have said , "Sure, what's one more." Yes,  I am pretty sure I meant it. 

3. What's one piece of advice you'd give someone who is your same age?

If you don't know how to save... learn how now! Sock away every penny you can.
4. You're ordering a veggie plate, what four veggies are on it?

Cooked or raw? 
Sauteed thinly sliced Brussel Sprouts with S & P and butter, Asparagus with a dash of lemon and mayo for dipping (did you know asparagus was a finger food?), Corn with S & P and butter. I used to prefer my vegs raw, but the teeth just don't chew like they should.

5. Shop till you drop! Did you? Have you ever? Will you between now and Christmas?

I have shopped til I dropped. My mom and I would take Black Friday off from work. Long before the phrase was coined. We would go to downtown Minneapolis. We would start at Dayton's, then Donaldson's, take the skyway across to Woolworth's, then Penney's, a quick walk across 5th street to Power's. Then we would make our way back to Dayton's. We go up to the 5th floor and have lunch, then go through the Christmas Wonderland in the auditorium. About then we would probably, maybe be ready to go home. It was a special time with my mom.

6. What's your favorite chair in your house, and why is it a favorite?

I have my Grandmother's rocker. It is in my bedroom. It seems to fit just right no matter the size or shape of the body sitting in it. Short, tall, thin, plump we all fit perfectly. It is a huge chair all wood.  I treasure this chair because I rescued it from the trash bin. For whatever reason one day my mom decided to throw it out. A temporary moment of insanity I suppose. Whatever it was I rushed outside and brought it back into the house. I mean really! It was my Grandma's!



7. Share an early memory of faith, religion, or spirituality.

There are a lot. The first memories are from Catholic school grade 1 through 6. Singing in Latin at funeral masses starting in about 6th grade. My best memory of faith was the day I accepted the Lord Jesus into my heart as my Savior. It was at my cousin's funeral. I was devastated by his death. We had been very close. As we all walked into church I was crying. I sat down in the pew, and was thinking to myself that I didn't know if I was going to survive this. Clear as day I heard, " You will survive, because I am here to help you." I knew then. I have never felt such utter peace in my entire life.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 

At Thanksgiving we planned for our Christmas. William and Jen got out their phones I got out my calendar (how old school) and we checked our schedules. Christmas for us will not be until February. Harry knows that the day means a lot to me. A time for family. He just doesn't give a hoot about any of it. He used to go through the motions, but now nothing. So, he wants me to go away for Christmas. However, not too far. I am going to Minneapolis to spend Christmas with my BF (from now on known as RLL) and her family. I am family mostly, but I feel I am intruding on this most special of days. She says not. Is it weird?
A photo of last year's Christmas tree. I am not sure if I am putting one up for us or not. And, I haven't put out any other decorations yet.
 Yes, that is a flamingo.
The wreath for the door. I made it.

There is a story behind the colors I chose, but I think I have gone on long enough for now, but I will share the story at some point. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment