I was reading a blog. She listed the things she was thankful for in 2016. I decided I would do the same. A chance to ponder each of them.
- I am thankful that God loves me no matter how badly I screw up. And I do! I know he will never give up on me even though there are times when I have given up on myself.
- I am thankful for the beauty of the four seasons. Although I do wish winter didn't last quite as long and that spring came sooner. But, they each bring their own beauty.
- I am thankful for music. I need to have a dose of music daily. It wakes me up. It gives me focus. It touches my heart and soul. I am a wannabe musician and singer. Only problem is I have no rhythm and I am tone deaf. I appreciate the musical talents of others and live musically vicariously through them.
- I am thankful for my husband. He doesn't always understand me, but still allows me to be me. He is a tease. He is a great bug teddy bear filled with love for me.
- I am thankful for my son. He hasn't lived at home in many years, but when he needs to make a decision he still calls home to ask for advice. He is always willing to come home to help with odd job that we can't do anymore. He lives 2 hours away so making the time is not always easy for him.
- I am thankful for my camera. It is an extension of my arm. I am thankful I was able to afford to buy a very good camera a couple of years ago. I am thankful for my "good eye". I take the camera everywhere with me, because ya just never know when the perfect opportunity will present itself. I HAVE to take photographs. It is like breathing to me.
- I am thankful for books. Physical books of which I have many. I am also thankful for my Kindle books of which I have more.
- I am thankful for my birthday. Weird I know, but stay with me a sec. My husband bought me the new Kindle Fire for my birthday. I love, love, love it! In orange
- I am thankful for having the best friend that I have, We were instant friends back in 1973 when we first met. We have been through everything together. The birth of our children (her 5, me 1). We have been through the loss of our mothers. We have laughed til we cried and then laughed some more. We have been seriously silly. Through all this time we have never had an argument, we have never been angry with one another.. Frustrated, yes but never angry. 43 years!
- I am thankful to live in a country where we are allowed to express our opinion on current events without fear of reprisal. Where we can have very differences of opinion on a political field and live to tell about it. That's all I will say about the election.
- I am thankful for a place that I can come to to write my thoughts. I am thankful to anyone who might take the time to read them. You take the time out of of your life and give me a few minutes of it. That is really something.
I am pretty sure if I gave it some more thought I would come up with more things I am thankful for, and maybe throughout this next year I will occasionally do that. I don't need it to be November to be thankful.