Joining Joyce today for the weekly Hodgepodge. How does she ever keep coming up with new and fun questions? And often thought provoking.
1. Let's all think happy thoughts...share one of yours here.
This is a good question for me today. I have been having a difficult time being happy the last few days. I know it is in there somewhere. I just need a thought to bring it out.
Here it is: We are having Thanksgiving (baring snow) this next Sunday. My son works on Thursdays, but has Sundays off. I am almost finished getting the house ready, and can now start to bake. Plus, now that I think about it I am finished with the big gifts for Christmas, and can now get the fun things. Yes, I do have reason to be happy.
2. There's a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing...." What say you? If you want happiness for a day _____________.
If I want happiness for the day I leave the house and do the grocery shopping. I go to the thrift store. I buy a book. And I have lunch out. Home can be very stressful so going out and about is a very good thing.
3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?
To regenerate? To become strong again? I go to my best friend's house. She pampers me, she doesn't expect anything from me, she plans her time around what I want to do. Her family plans meals that they know I can't make at home. And, as a bonus I get to be Grandma Trudy to her grandchildren.
4. What song never fails to make you happy?
Music of any kind makes me happy (except some of the noise kinds). The songs that make me happy are the kind to bring back memories. Led Zeplin's "Stairway to Heaven" Harry Chapin's "Taxi" (which I just listened to - Thank you Spotify) . You are my Sunshine and Hush Little Baby that I sang to my son when he was a baby, and sometimes even now.
5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what's the last 'fast food' you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a 'happy meal' what would you include?
All of "National" day for things crack me up. I mean really? The last fast food I had was actually a Happy Meal. Yes, it was. My fast food would include a taste menu of all my favorite fast foods. Little bits of everything.
6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog.
I blog because I need to write. I had another blog years ago, but I lost it somewhere. It was called "Random Thought". It feels good to write. It also gives me a place to show my photography.
7. List seven things you're feeling especially grateful for today.
1. I am grateful today for a God who loves me no matter what.
2. I am grateful today for the long fall weather we are having.
3. I am grateful today for my family and friends who also love me no matter what.
4. I am grateful today for for my dishwasher. I went quite a few years without one, and I hate, detest, loath washing dishes.
5. I am grateful today for Ozzy and Boo. My 2 girls. They bring me joy continuously. Even when they are yelling at me for breakfast. Oh yeah, they are cats.
6. I am grateful today that it is almost time to decorate for Christmas. I love to decorate for Christmas.
7. I am grateful for my eyes to see, my ears to hear, my feet and legs to walk, my voice to let it be heard.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm sorry if I am a bit melancholy today. I think it is the time of the year and recent events that have me feeling blue.