Wednesday, January 31, 2018

End of January 2018 Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond


. Speaking of endings....at your wit's end, at loose ends, a dead end, burn the candle at both ends, all's well that end's well, or no end in sight...which 'end' phrase might best be applied to your life lately? Explain.  
Most of the time I would have to say at my wit's end and no end in sight. I have previously mentioned my husband's mental health issues. They are progressivly getting worse which put me at my wit's end. To the point I have a GO bag packed. No end in sight means only that this progression will continue to increase until...I am not sure what will happen.

2. What was a must have accessory when you were growing up? Did you own one? If so tell us what you remember about it.
An accessory as a teenager in the late 60's and 70's it would have to be an over the shoulder carpet bag. A great big huge bag to hold all manner of things. Necessities. Blue eye shadow, white lipstick, and black eyeliner just to mention a few.  A fringed suede jacket, yes I had one of those. Another accessory later in the 70's would be a pukka shell necklace, and yes I did have one. Oh, and wait I also had a mood ring! Remember those? They changed colors according to your moods? Really? I suppose I must have believed it at the time. I still have my original one.

3. Something that made you smile yesterday?
I smiled almost all the way through the weekend. I was in Minneapolis at my BF  R's house. I love her grandchildren as if they were my own. To them I am "Grandma Trudy". It makes me smile to hear them say that. Yesterday, as I was giving hugs and kisses good-bye little L said to me, "Bye Grandma Trudy I will miss you." Also, when I got home I smiled. I was barely in the door, but was talking with my husband when little LuLu came running from somewhere in the house talking to me. She grabbed hold of my leg, climbed up to my arms, and purred so contentedly. I think she missed me.


4. January 30th is National Croissant Day. Do you like croissants? Sweet or savory? We're having chicken salad for lunch...would you rather have yours served on a croissant, a wrap, a bagel, bread, or a roll of some sort?
I do like a croissant. But, not as a bread for a sandwich. I like and almond or chocolate with morning coffee. Or a hot croissant slathered with butter with dinner. I'm a purist.
I'm not a fan of chicken salad as a sandwich. I do like chicken salad as a salad.
5. Sum up your January in fifteen words or less.
January has had sub-zero temps beginning, middle, and end...with lots of cold sunshine.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
Over the next few weeks I am going to be embarking on a new adventure. I am sure some of you, maybe most of you, have heard of Fly Lady. I am going to be or going to try to implement her system of cleaning and clutter control into my house. The clutter in my house is taking over. I can't do anything about my husband's hoarding, but I can corral in my clutter. Sometimes I am  so overwhelmed with all that needs to be done that I don 't know where to start...so I don't. Each Friday I am going to try and post on my blog any progress I have made or not. I hope to include before and after photos. I'd love it if you could follow along with me. Just come to the blog to see and read highlights from the week.

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with the next couple of weeks and Fly Lady. I will definitely check in to see your progress. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.I haven't started yet.The explanation is in today's post.

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness I forgot about those purses but yes I had one too. And white lip stick, and blue eye shadow. Had a pukka shell necklace too. Makes me smile remembering all that. Good luck with fly lady and de cluttering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember patches on your jeans? Funny they buy them that way now.

      Delete
  3. Ah blue eye shadow. I loved blue eye shadow as a kid! Good luck with decluttering as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And think black eyeliner. How did we ever imagine we looked good? Thanks

      Delete
  4. I had all of the great accessories too! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot about mood rings! I had one of those, too.
    I'm glad you were able to have a weekend get away. We all need that from time to time.
    Good luck with your decluttering process. I need to do some of that, as well. Maybe watching your progress will spur me to get started!
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't started me processes yet Kathy. I explain in today's post.

      Delete
  6. It always amazes me how things go in and out of fashion and then years later they reappear again. I see mood rings all over the place now.
    Good luck with cleaning the clutter but in between the cleaning make sure you take some special time for you.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mood rings. How about today's mood lipstick?

    ReplyDelete