Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Hitting the Hpdgepodge



From this Side of the Pond

1. What keeps you blogging?
When I had my first blog I started it just for the joy of writing. I wrote about lots of different topics. Some very personal. I joined several groups like this one where we shared something once a week. Then I had some difficulties and was away from blogging for over a year. It is surprising what a difference a year can make. My blog was no longer available. Most of the groups I had joined I could no longer find. Instead of getting an email from a blog I followed they came in a group bundle. I have to say most of these changes I didn't like, and many still don't. However, that doesn't answer the question. Talk about off topic! I keep coming back, because I need to write. I haven't done any individual posts since coming back, but for 2018 that is my goal. To write at least one post a month that isn't one connected to a group.
I don't know why this question is set on being in the middle. I can't seem to fix it either.


2. Some people like to travel in the winter months. Do you enjoy the beach in winter? According to Southern Living the best U.S. beach towns to visit this winter are-


St Simons Island (Georgia), Hilton Head (South Carolina), Bald Head Island (North Carolina), Seaside (Florida), Bay St. Louis (Mississippi), Cape San Blas (Florida), South Padre Island (Texas), Folly Beach (South Carolina), Chincoteague (Virginia), Duck Key (Florida), Nags Head (North Carolina), and Fairhope (Alabama)

Have you been to any of the towns listed (in any season)? Which on the list appeals to you most this winter? 
I have never been to any of those places. I really have no desire to travel to any of them. I don't know anyone in the South. I am not a fan of beaches. I only have to look at sand and water to get a sunburn. I'm sorry, but none appeal to me. 
My time living in North Carolina has caused me to never want to go south again. You guys have bugs bigger than my car!
I realize that there probably aren't any so called beaches in Arizona, but I am hoping to go there in March. That's winter travel right? I have to make arrangements for my husband, but I am at this point optimistic about going. 

3. What's a song you're embarrassed to know all the lyrics to? Are you really embarrassed or do just think you should be?
Mostly I can only sing along while hearing a song. I can sing parts of many songs without hearing it, but not a completely. However, having said all of that I can sing most of "Daydream Believer" by The Monkees.  I think I am a bit of both, embarrassed and not. Embarrassed to admit I actually loved The Monkees. And not, because I don't care who knows. LOL

4. When you were a kid what's something you thought would be fantastic as an adult, but now that you're an adult you realize it's not all that fantastic?
It has to be doing what I want, when I want, and how I want. None of it is true. There is always someone (an employer) wanting me do those things differently than I do.  If it's not a boss it is a spouse or friend or child or society at large. I'm a rebel at heart and do not like constraints. 

5. Share a quote you hope will inspire you in 2018.
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10
Yesterday morning I woke with a feeling of doom. I was having a pity party and no one but me was invited. I opened my email Verse of the Day, and this was the verse.  As usual He knew what I needed to hear. I immediately felt better. All is not lost. I am not in this alone. I think 2018 is going to bring significant changes to my life.  HUGE changes that I am not quite ready for, and some that are long overdue. This quote will help me through.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

What a difference a month makes. This little girl has been here a bit over a month. She has managed to steal out hearts. She  brightens our days. 







10 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad to see you have a sweet kitty! They certainly add cheer to our lives. I do hope you will get to go to Arizona in March, and in my book that is still winter. At least it is in NW Wisconsin. You asked about my camera. I have a new, small Nikon which I don't like nearly as much as my old Panasonic Lumix FZ 150. I don't know if I will even be able to find another one if that one dies, but it has been such a good camera. It's a simple point-and-shoot, so no extra lenses, not a huge camera to carry around. And it has a Leica lens, which is pretty good. I mostly never use manual settings, although it has the capability. I hope you can find a camera you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Leica lens? WOWZA! I have a Pentax. It is what I used as a film camera. I do like it, but don't understand most of it. Thanks for the help.

      Delete
  2. I loved the Monkees too and I can probably sing most of that song. Loved it and not ashamed to admit it! lol

    I also, really love that verse you shared. It is such a comfort to know we are in God's righteous right hand. Love it!!

    Your kitten is adorable!!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really embarrassed to admit I liked the Monkees. I like the songs now because they are easy to sing along with.

      Delete
  3. Dropping in as your Hodgepodge neighbour. A pet can definitely lift your spirits. I would love to have another cat but one son is allergic to them and the other one brings his dogs when he visits. I had a similar response to #2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't even imagine my house with out a cat or 5. At one point we did have 5 indoor cats, and a colony of feral cats we took care of. Their numbers were close to 30

      Delete
  4. I do like the beach in the winter but there are too many tourists in the summer months and then there's the whole oppressive heat thing so... :) I'm not much of a traveler, though and I will always take the mountains over the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too would take the mountains over the ocean. I love Colorado. I would love to travel, but money is always in the way.

      Delete
  5. Well, you do "know" one person in the south--me :) By the way, I liked the Monkees...still do! In fact, I watched an old episode of their show just the other day. Ha!
    Don't you just love how God works? He's always there for us?! I love it when a devotion reading speaks to my particular situation, and that happens a lot!
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I am always amazed and surprised when God shows me exactly what I need. I shouldn't be, but I always am.

    ReplyDelete