Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Hodge Podge Time

From this Side of the Pond

1. What title would you give this current chapter of your life?
The title of my chapter would have to be "Making Time for Yourself." I try to get out of the house every couple of weeks for a few hours. I need to. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I know it is important, but....
2. December 6 is National Microwave Oven Day. Who knew? Besides popcorn and coffee reheats, what's the most common thing you microwave? Could you get along without a microwave?
I make my oatmeal in it. Quicker than the stove. I use it to cook our vegetable we're having with dinner. I use it to melt chocolate. We have very bad electrical in the kitchen. One plug! My microwave was too big to go where the plug was. I went a couple of years without one, and hated being without a microwave. . Finally I bought a small one for very cheap. I am happy, ecstatic really to have one again. Oh, and I never reheat coffee.

3. If you could insert yourself into any Christmas carol and experience the lyrics in real life, which Christmas carol lyric would you choose and why?
My carol would be "Do You Hear What I Hear."  I love this carol, because I would be experiencing the birth of our Lord and Savior.  The child shivers in the cold. I would need to give him a blanket. The last verse..."Pray for peace everywhere", is more true today than 2017 years ago. But, the last line brings comfort and hope..."He will bring us goodness and light." Peace everywhere, plus goodness and light? What more could I ask for?

4. Describe the most beautiful drive you've ever taken.
Lombard St, San Francisco is a marvel. Twisty turny. No speed demo there. I was fortunate that all the flowers were in bloom while I was there.Not very good quality photos, but there is no stopping along the street.

File:Sanfran 61 bg 032605.jpg


 The drive to Napa is also beautiful. I loved seeing the grape vines.
This is also a big crop of Napa Valley. Kiwi!


There are many beautiful places to drive in Minnesota, but I love SF.

5. What's something on your Christmas list this year? (an actual list or figuratively speaking, either one)
Schwinn Meridian Adult 26-Inch 3-Wheel Bike (Black Cherry)This is what I want. My balance is horrible, but with three wheels I could manage bike riding for exercise.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I mentioned that one of my cats had crossed over the bridge, My other cat, Ozzy, cried all the time. Loudly. She was looking for Boo. There was no sleep, because her cries didn't stop just because it was bedtime. She stopped eating. I mean how could she eat? She was crying. Last week, being sleep deprived, I made the decision to bring her a new friend. Ozzy hates the new one! But, she quit crying.


I am pleased to introduce Lulu. Ozzy might not care for her, but we think she is great fun. It's been a long time since we had a kitten in the house. 

5 comments:

  1. So sorry about you cat. It is so hard to lose a fur baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just hate losing these sweet creatures that we love! So sorry Ozzy isn't hospitable to the newcomer, but maybe in the future? Let's hope so. At least the crying has stopped. But wow, you can see why that happened. I can imagine it would definitely happen if one of our kittens would die. This is so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog background...so homey!!! I may have to look into a three wheeler as well!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone laughed at my MIL when she asked for a three wheeled bike years ago. That thing was awesome! She rode it all over the place. I wonder where it is now? Lulu. What a sweet name and cute kitty. Maybe Ozzy just needs some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once knew a lady who had a bicycle like that. She lived in town and it was her only mode of transportation. I hope "Santa" brings you one!

    I'm so sorry about your cat. I hope Ozzy will adjust to Lulu and the two will become best friends:)
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete