I am joining Wendall and for a chat again today. We have rain, rain and more rain here. Some pats of Minnesota are having flood warnings. If we had flood warnings here near where I live we would need and Ark. We are on high ground. That is very wet.
I am packing to go away for a few day. I am going to my aunt's and my cousin's. She is 91 and lives with my cousin. She has an urge to go antiquing. That is the plan for Saturday.
My cousin is making me a dollhouse. Yes, at my age. It is something I have wanted all my life, and he is going to accommodate my dream. I love miniatures.
Here are my answers to Wendall's questions.
- Do you like lemon-aid? Any special flavors? I'm not a big fan. I sort of like raspberry lemonade. I guess what I don't like is that it isn't sweet enough. Now if you had asked about tea that would have been another story entirely. Love tea. Hot or cold. And sweet.
- I'm trying not to use paper goods for this party. How many place settings of silverware(eating utensils) could you come up with? I wish I could borrow some!!!!!!!! I just bought a new 8 place setting set, and still have the old one. Also, I have lots of old silver and silver plate that I have collected over the years. I make wind chimes with the old things. So. Let's see...16 forks in each set, 16 spoons in each set. That would be 32 people. I must have at least 100 other pieces of old silver. But, of course that is giving each person only one eating utensil.
- Have you ever been to a party in a barn? Once. The people there were the most unsociable people I have ever had the displeasure to meet. The were broken into their little clicks, and weren't letting any newcomers in. My husband and I tried when we first arrived to join several conversations, but were ignored. If not for our son we would have left long before we did. That was our initiation to 4-H. I have to say my opinion of that particular organization only went downhill from there. But, that is a story for another day.
- Do you wear nail polish? In the summer I wear outlandish colors on my toes. I also wear a toe ring. On my fingers I wear a muted shade when I go somewhere special.
- Please finish this sentence. I wish I could___go to Maine for the summer. I've never been, but it is on my list._____.