- Do you like cucumbers? Is there a favorite way for you to prepare them? I love cucumbers. I use them in any green salad I prepare. In the summer when I can get right from the garden fresh cucumbers I mix them with thinly sliced onions. and mayo. I always, always peel and remove the seeds also. I think those 2 things make a cucumber bitter tasting.
- How good a housekeeper are you? I used to be the white glove kind of house keeper. My gloves are pretty much gray these days. I fall behind on everything. Yes, it drives me nuts that bringing in a bulldozer might be easier than trying to clean at this point, but my husband won't let me.
- Please finish this: To spend a day____________would be amazing! In a boat out on a lake. I love being on the water. I love to fish, but fishing is not a prerequisite to being on the water. It is so calming to float along with the breeze. Funny thing though I am terrified of being IN the water. Down right hysterically terrified. But put me ON it and I melt.
- How do you handle times when you are "down" or "blue"( depressed )? That's a tough one, because I constantly battle depression. The dark kind, the can't get out of bed kind of depression. I turn to my Bible. I walk outside and give thanks for all I have been given. I talk with my BF who doesn't give me sympathy, but does give me empathy. I had therapy for about 5 years so I do have some go to things that help.
- Have you started using essential oils, since they have become so popular? The only essential oil I use is on my dryer balls. I am a trying to get away from chemicals in the house, and have done away with dryer sheets and fabric softener. Did you know how many unsafe, unhealthy chemicals are in those things!? I use wool felted yarn dryer balls now, and put a couple of drops of Lavender essential oil on each ball before drying a load of anything.
I have a story to tell. I won't tell it right now. It is the story how Rosebud Lane got it's name. Come back in a couple of days and read about the origin of Rosebud Lane. It is a good story, and I know you won't be disappointed.