Tuesday, April 18, 2017
I have been away from the blogging world since before Christmas. It was a computer thing this time, and not me being lazy. I did have the Kindle Fire, but the point and click method of typing did not work well for me with long posts. But, I am back! And, excited to start with the Hodgepodge.
Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 304
1. Tell us about a time you felt like you were 'flying by the seat of your pants'.It seems as if I am always flying by the seat of my pants. Everyday. My husband turned 80 last week, and is showing signs of dementia. It's more than your average forgetfulness. It's asking 20 times a day what day of the week it is. It's loosing house keys. It's forgetting family member names (his daughter).It's imaginary visitors or things in the woods. It's countless other things. I never know what the day will bring, but I can tell what KIND of day it will be by the tone of his voice when he gets up in the morning. So,yeah everyday is a day by the seat of my pants.
2. When or where would you most like to be 'a fly on the wall'?You know what? Right off hand I can't thing of anything. I know that there are plenty, but I am going to try and stay politically clear for a while. I think that the fly on the wall is a fleeting moment. You think it because you know something is about to happen,and then the moment passes, and you don't think of it again.
3. 'Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.'-Henry David Thoreau
3The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy. Psalm 126:3
If I am having difficulty finding joy I turn to Scripture. What better place to find joy than in the Bible? Having joy in the fact that we have the greatest love possible. The love of our Father.
4. Share a favorite movie, book, or song with flying in it's title, lyrics, or theme somewhere.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEOEqzfte60
Neal Diamond! I need not say more.
5. What is one task or chore you tend to do 'on the fly'? Is this something that really needs to be done another way?
For me is has to be cleaning the house. I pick up and tidy...sort of, but I can't remember the last time I did a Deep cleaning. I would like my home to be clutter free, cob web free. Twenty years ago I did a deep cleaning several times a year. I was clutter free. A cob web was never seen in my house. Not even dust bunnies. I just don't have it in me right now to clean like that.
6. What was happening the last time you thought to yourself or said aloud, 'Wow, time flies when you're having fun', and you meant it.It would have to be the first weekend in March 2017. I spent that weekend with my cousin at his house. We had so many outings planned that the time really did fly by. A rough outline of our weekend together: Thursday- Arrive 11:30 Am . Off to the Mennonite market. Lunch. Thrift store. Grocery store. Home. Friday - 9:00 AM Out the door. Bookstore, thrift store, lunch, thrift store, yarn store, Fleet Farm, Wal-Mart, home. Saturday rest for the trip home Sunday. We don't get together very often. When we are together we make our time together very full. We live about 3 1/2 hours apart (depending on who is driving). In July we are going to take a couple of days away and explore a place we have talked about for years. I am looking forward to that time. Our itinerary is filling up quickly as we think of more things to do.
7. This Thursday is National Garlic Day. Will you add garlic to your menu on Thursday? Do you like garlic? What's your favorite dish made with garlic?
I could say spaghetti sauce. However, as much as I enjoy having spaghetti I am going to say Parmesan garlic pasta. An easy to make last minute side for any main course. And always fresh garlic.
8. Insert your own random thought here.While my computer was down I wasn't able to edit any photos,but didn't stop me from taking them. I just left them on the camera. I won't share them all today, because there are almost 150 of them. I will share a couple though.
I take my camera with me whenever I am out and about. I am blessed by the many opportunities for photos. The eagle and it's mate were there in trees on a day when I coming home from grocery shopping. The cloudy sun I took On Good Friday. I felt truly blessed that morning.