I guess I would say task oriented. I see a job that needs to be done and I would just as soon do it than to wait for someone else to do it. Also, I when I was working I really disliked being put on any committee. And in school? Please don't ask me to be part of group project. I don't have the patience for it.
2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day...do you own/wear pearls? If you're a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today.
I do have pearls. They were my mom's. She had a couple of strings. A double stand and a single. They need to be repaired. Probably re-strung. She also had earrings. I would wear them if they could be worn. Now that I am thinking of it I should take them in. A pearl of wisdom...Hate no one, Like some, Love all.
Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 E
3. Speaking of pearls...oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?
NO, NO, NO to oysters! When in chef school we were required to taste all manner of strange things. I can't figure out why people would like/love something that only slithers down your throat. EWW!
4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?
The people of the year seem to be always celebrities of one sort or another. How about the average person? The person who made blankets for the homeless, and it became a phenomenal success. One that has groups throughout the country making blankets. Or the person/teacher who saves the children from a gun wielding crazy person? Or the mom or dad who works 3 jobs to provide a home for their family? These are the people who need and deserve the accolades.
5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here to see the color.
I love this shade of green. I will wear it. It is a shade that would go with just about every color imaginable.
6. Today I've had too much________________________.
Noise. It is only 9:30 AM and already I am already on NOISE OVERLOAD. I woke up to the phone ringing. Then the cats were yelling and screaming and swearing at me for their breakfast. I dropped a pan on the floor. The phone rang (again). I started the dishwasher. My husband turned on the TV...loudly. All this before even 1 cup of coffee. I would like some peaceful Christmas music. When my husband gets out of bed early my illusion of a quiet morning is gone. Don't get me wrong I love him, but I prefer the first couple of hours of my day quiet, no talking, no TV, just soothing music and my thoughts.
7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.
O holy night
The stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our savior's birth
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
'til he appeared and the soul felt
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and
Fall on your knees o hear the
O night divine o night when christ as born
O night divine o night divine
O night divine.
And this one:
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am ready for Christmas next week, but am lacking the Christmas spirit. I went through the motions. Because it is expected. For whatever reason I am especially missing my mom right now. She loved Christmas. She gave her all. I miss the planning and the preparing and the laughter, and the closeness we shared. I am also missing my Aunt Rose ( I called her Auntie Rose). She left us to go home to the Lord the day after Christmas 2 years this 26th of December. She was my friend, aunt, mother, grandmother all in one loveable person. Other than my own mom she loved me unconditionally.
Aitny Rose and myself Christmas day 2014
My mom. Her last Christmas with us.
So as not to end on a sad note a photo of my latest rug. It is about 52 inches X 27 inches.