1. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse or just general uselessness (go here to read more about how the words were chosen). Here are the words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2014-
selfie, twerk/twerking, hashtag, Twittersphere, Mr. Mom, T-bone, ____on steroids, the suffixes-ageddon, and -pocalypse added to anything and everything, from the world of politics the words-intellectually/morally bankrupt and Obamacare, and from the world of sports the words-adversity and fan base
2. What one unfinished project nags at you begging to be completed in this new year?I absolutely will get all of my yarn stash organized and cataloged. I have so much and I don't know what fibers or colors or how much of anything I have. I want to get clear bins and label each one as to what is inside, and then make a master list on the computer. I will print the list and carry it in my purse so when I am out and about I will know if I need the yarn or not.
3. When did you last have a bowl of soup? What kind? Homemade or from a can? What's your favorite soup?We had soup for dinner tonight. Homemade lentil soup. We have soup at least once a week in the winter. It provides us with nourishment and keeps us warm. We very rarely have soup out of can. But, I do like to cook with cream soup. My favorite soup is French onion soup or a close second would be chicken corn chowder.
4. Snowed in, snowed under, snow job...which one most applies to your life in recent days, figuratively speaking.Snowed in was Minnesota in the month of December. Now we are frozen in. The high today was 2 above, yesterday it was -10. My low overnight was -27 and -35 windchill. It will be 20 above by Saturday and will feel balmy.
5. What's the funniest movie you've ever seen, or at least one of the funniest?It was a hard decision, but I think it is "Second Hand Lion." I laugh so hard that I cry. The least favorite is "Napoleon Dynamite." I didn't even watch the entire thing.
6. In general, would you say you're clumsy?I can not walk and chew gum. I can trip over my own feet while standing still. Yes, I am very clumsy. I have sprained my ankles so many times just by walking and having my foot do something weird.
7. Elvis Presley was born on Hodgepodge Day (January 8th) back in 1935. Are you an Elvis fan? What's your favorite Elvis tune? If that's too hard, which Elvis tune do you dislike the least? Click here for a list of his songs.I like Elvis. Not so much his movies, but I do like to hear his songs on the radio. My favorite would be "Only Fools Rush In." My least favorite is "The Ghetto", but only because it makes me cry. I once wrote a short story about the day he died.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I got the blogger bug, and was going to post everyday, but then the weather here took over all of my plans. When dealing with frozen water pipes there isn't much time for anything else. We have been lucky and didn't have any burst pipes.