Thursday, January 2, 2014

A new year, and a new blog

     I have had this blog for a while, but it was broken.  My son, and his girlfriend fixed it. My goal will be to write something everyday. There is a lot of sameness in my life, but I am fairly certain I can come up with some topic or another each day.

     I thought since this was the actual first official post I would tell you all about myself..

     I am a born and raised city girl. I love the city, and everything it about it. Shopping (of course), museums, shopping (oh I mentioned that), concerts, theater, shopping.

     I live 22 miles from town.  Really not the city. I live in the woods. Acres, and acres of woods.  We have deer who visit daily. Raccoons who are a cute, but unwanted visitor. An occasional skunk who is definitely unwanted. Last summer we had wild turkeys walk through the yard. I love living in the woods, but do miss the city. ** See above.

     I have a husband of 23 years. We met in 1986. It was like instant knowing that he was the man I was going to marry. He is quite a bit older than me. Eighteen years, He is retired, and has been for 14 years. You will come to know him as I post. 

     I have one son. He will be 30 this Spring. He is me. I am so proud of him that I could bust right out in song. Oh, wait I have. More about him too in later posts. This all takes time.

     At present time I have only 2 cats. Ozzy who is 14, and Boo who is 5. I say ONLY two cats, because there was when there were 6 in the house. More about them too. We also took care of a colony of feral cats. Their numbers have diminished over the years.  Have you seen the sticker or sign or what ever that says, " I will become the neighborhood crazy cat lady/", ? I am already know in these parts as that. I love it.

     I have hobbies. I love to crochet. I make baby things mostly. for no other reason than they are cute and fun to make. I make things to give away mostly. Finally I am making myself something after all of these years. I will do a reveal when I finish. I read. I think I would rather read than eat. Hmmm sounds drastic and maybe a bit over the top. I have a Kindle. I still prefer a physical book in my hands, but a Kindle is nice. There is something about the smell of the ink and the paper in a book. I like to take pictures. There is a new camera in my future. Not a terrible expensive Nikon, but better than my point and shoot. 

     What I want this blog to be abut is simple. I want to share me with you. I won't promise not to go off on a tear sometimes. When things really get under my skin this will be an outlet for a small rant. I won't promise not to have lots of pictures, but probably not daily. Maybe one, but not tons. I don't care for a post where  I have to hunt for the post because of all the pictures. I might on occasion even put in a work of fiction I might at some point change my mind on what I want this to be, but I will give fair warning.

     I think that is about it for now. I hope you enjoyed today's post. I hope you will continue to come and read what I have to say.

  Thank you......Trudy

No comments:

Post a Comment