Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Lovin' the Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond
And, as the year moves forward it is time for a Valentine's Hodgepodge

1. When's the last time you had a heart to heart talk with someone? A change of heart? Experienced figurative 'heart failure?'
Hmmm. I try to avoid heart to heart talks. What I should say is I don't instigate them. Some people try to have them with me, but I don't know they somehow make me uncomfortable. All that raw emotion I guess.  A change of heart to me is also the softening of my heart. I felt the Lord rapping on my head not too long ago, and am trying to listen and follow his words.
Ezekiel 36:26, "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." (NIV)

Psalm 51:10, "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." (NIV)
I thought I had forgiven certain hurts. After much prayer, God revealed the truth to me. Now I have a new path . 
And now heart failure! Oh my word! I am a transplanted city girl. However, over the last 20 some years I've forgotten how to drive there. Those people are nuts! They either drive 45 or 90. No regard for a speed limit, either 45 or 90. A brown light  (red light + green light) means GO NOW! Last time I went to the city I was smoking 2 cigarettes at a time in hopes to stay calm. Finally, I pulled to the shoulder and called my BF. "Come get me", I said, "I can not drive another mile." The she laughed at me!! ME! Her BF of 45 years, she laughed at! As I sat crying, on the shoulder of a heavily congested freeway. Well, she talked me off the shoulder,  talked to me in soothing tones all the way to her house (just 5 more miles), and had a strong cup of tea waiting for me. But, really those people drive like they are crazy.
2. Champagne, chocolates, flowers...what's your Valentine pleasure? Any special plans for the day?
I do love champagne, and chocolates, and flowers, but around here we don't do Valentines Day. Shortly after we were married we had a huge V-Day misunderstanding. HUGE. He was sleeping on the couch, I didn't turn any lights before leaving for work, and missed all of his V-Day preparations. I was disappointed, but not angry. Just a bit sad he wasn't more romantic. I had scheduled a hair appointment for right after work (probably in hopes of dinner out afterwards), as we finished with my hair she asked if I would like to go out for a drink. With no plans in place that I knew of I agreed. After the 3rd drink I decided I better call home. Oh dear. Talk about ice filled reception . When I did get home I saw the missed things and understood the ice. Nothing was ever said, but the next V-day the card I received only said one thing all over it in bright bold letters, "I HATE VALENTINES DAY!"    End of story.

3. Are you a hopeless romantic or do you fall more in the category of practical and pragmatic? What's a gesture you find romantic?
In a book or movie I know how it absolutely MUST  end. If doesn't end that way I feel really cheated. In real life I am not sure (see above answer) . A private joke that brings a smile to each of your faces is romantic. We used to have a look we shared (we'd  squint our eyes at each other and blink) to say, "I love you".  That's romantic.  Today, I think romance for me is tenderness, patience, a kind word.
4. Do you ask a lot of questions in life or are you pretty content with what you already know?
I had a writing teacher who drummed into his students to never, ever stop, asking questions. I never have.
5. Your favorite power ballad?
There are a few. Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers,  Color My World by Chicago,  I Wanna Know What Love Is by Foreigner,  I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston  but my all time favorite  it is this one... Chris DeBurgh Lady in Red.

https://www.blogger.com/blog-this.g?n=Chris+DeBurgh+-+Lady+In+Red&source=youtube&b=%3Ciframe+width%3D%22459%22+height%3D%22344%22+src%3D%22https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vt2YIpZWBqA%22+frameborder%3D%220%22+allow%3D%22autoplay;+encrypted-media%22+allowfullscreen%3E%3C/iframe%3E&eurl=https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Vt2YIpZWBqA/hqdefault.jpg
6. Insert your own random thought here..
Four hours later I am finally on this question. Do you ever go somewhere online and fall into a rabbit trail? I do. I did. Today. While looking for a You Tube link for Lady in Red. I followed all of the music from that song on toward no end. Music does that does to me. I have it in my heart . In my soul. Alas, I have no talent. I do know though that any effort I make is a "joyful noise", and it I sing for the joy of it, and God in His house is at peace.
Have you been looking for an update to my de-cluttering and cleaning? The day after I posted this I went down for the count. Sick? Oh yeah. I hacked up a lung. And the colors? WOW! Who knew those colors could live in my lungs and sinuses. TMI? Sorry. Needless to say I have not started on my new journey. It takes me 2 hours to fill the dishwasher! And that is without doing any real cooking. 
I am better now, but still a long way from good. Baby steps every time I get sick. it is a long uphill climb, but so far I always make my way back. I am certain that this time I will also. Then when I do I will clean, clean , clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment